Requirements for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installations
Electric Vehicl | 1 day | 6 candidates
£235.00 +vat (books exempt)
Please call us for availability on this course
It is widely predicted that the worldwide market for all vehicles will grow by about four percent per year over the next six years, some analysts estimate that the electric vehicle market will grow at a rate of almost 20 percent over the same time frame.
According to a report published by a leading European business forecasting company, by 2017, 3.1 percent of global auto sales will be hybrid and plug-in hybrid electric vehicles. But in Europe., these vehicles will account for 5.1 percent of total domestic vehicle sales in 2017. This represents a huge expansion of EV’s or Electric Vehicles.
Alongside this, there is a massive challenge ahead, with a supply of Electric Vehicle Charging Points needed to allay “range anxiety” and to provide the kind of infrastructure to support the growth in EV sales. Coupled with the drive towards energy efficiency and increasing concerns over the future availability of fossil fuels, vehicles using electrical power are increasingly being used in the UK. To facilitate the use of these vehicles, charging equipment is increasingly becoming a necessity, to keep up with power source demands
This 1 day course is designed to provide delegates with the necessary information and background in this important area.
Entirely based around the IET’s Code of Practice for Electric Vehicle Charging Equipment Installation, the course itself provides delegates with the underpinning knowledge of the special requirements in the area of EV electrical installations
This course is aimed at experienced electricians interested in understanding a wide range of equipment and systems available, it covers the specialised installation requirements of electric vehicle charging equipment in public, private and commercial locations. It is also suitable for those who are seeking more information about EV charging points.
Delegates attending this course already have an thorough understanding of the requirements of the current edition of BS 7671; either through regular reference or through achieving a qualification, such as City & Guilds 2382-18 or equivalent.
- Overview of electric vehicle charging equipment
- Charging equipment for Modes 1, 2, 3 & 4
- Socket outlets and charging cables
- Other variations in EV charging equipment design and specification
- Arrangements prior to installation commencement
- Supply metering
- Adequacy of supply
- Existing earthing arrangements
- Simultaneous contact assessment
- GPRS coverage
- Charging equipment manufacturer’s instructions and requirements
- Planning permission
- Traffic management orders
- Agreeing installation details with client
- Physical installation requirements
- Potentially explosive atmospheres
- Location of charging equipment relative to parking space
- Protection against vehicle impact
- Location of controls and socket outlets
- Free space around charging equipment
- Ventilation and cooling
- Avoidance of trip hazards
- Avoidance of unnecessary obstruction
- Labelling of BS 1363 socket outlets
- Electrical requirements – General
- Earthing and protective equipotential bonding requirements
- Circuit design, cable specifications and dimensions
- Protection against electric shock
- Provision of RCDs
- Isolation and switching
- IP ratings
- Lightning protection systems
- Electrical requirements – Domestic installations
- Electrical requirements – On street installations
- Electrical requirements – Commercial and industrial installations
- Inspection, testing and maintenance requirements
- DNO notification
Although there is no formal assessment, delegates can opt for an optional short examination at the end of the course.
This course is subject to vat and is inclusive of all course materials, examination fees and refreshments.
Publications for this course are sold separately and not included in the price.
This course is non accredited.
Please note that we strongly recommend that if you intend to book this course, that you are in possession of a City and Guilds 2382-18 (18th edition first amendment) – please call us on 0800 170 7007 for further information
Our pledge to you is that Total Electrical Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.