City & Guilds 2377-77 Level 3 Award in the In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
2377-77 | 2 days | 6 candidates
£299.00 +vat (books exempt)
This qualification is based upon the content of the IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment and is the benchmark qualification for all individuals, including electricians, who are seeking to gain more of an insight into this important topic or confirmation of their procedures.
City and Guilds 2377 is widely recognised throughout the electrical industry as a favoured qualification to evidence that an individual has an understanding of how to conduct in-service inspection and testing of electrical equipment within domestic, commercial or industrial environments.
It may also be of interest and benefit to those who may be supervising individuals conducting the inspection and testing, for example; managers, supervisors, property landlords, building services management, etc., and need to be aware of the legislation and minimum expectations of the procedures to be undertaken on their behalf.
Although there are no candidate pre-entry requirements to attend this training course, we strongly recommend that prospective candidates have prior personal knowledge of electrical theory and terminologies, together with a basic understanding of electrical safety and the principles of risk assessment.
The training course will include the following;
- An introduction to the IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
- Legislation and regulations
- Equipment construction types
- inspection and testing of electrical equipment, including;
- user checks
- formal visual inspection
- combined inspection and testing
- Electrical testing to be undertaken
- Frequency of inspection and testing (risk assessment)
On completion of this training sessions, all candidates are assessed via;
- An online examination; a maximum duration of 105 minutes, consisting of 50 multiple-choice questions, and using the City & Guilds e-volve system.
- A practical assignment; for the candidate to demonstrate an understanding of the procedures for inspection and testing of electrical equipment, including safety considerations and completion of documentation.
The examinations and assignments are ‘open book’ and candidates will have access to IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment.
This course is subject to VAT and is inclusive of all course materials, examination fees and refreshments.
Publications for this course are sold separately and not included in the price.
Certificates are sent via email as PDF. If you require a Hard Copy Certificate £5.00 P&P is required.
To Download the C&G 2377-77 Course Manual please click HERE
This manual is Password Protected and you will be given the Password when you arrive for your course.
Please note, we have classroom Hard Copies available for your use during the duration of the course.
REQUIRED REFERENCE MATERIALS
Candidates are required to obtain the following reference publication for use during the training course and examination:
- IET Code of Practice for In-service Inspection and Testing of Electrical Equipment
5th Edition: ISBN 978-1-78561-966-3.
This can be ordered from online stockists or through our website when booking your course.
Our pledge to you is that Total Electrical Training will never be beaten on price.
We will price match and go that extra mile by offering you an additional 5% discount off any genuine written “like for like” quotation.
Terms and conditions apply – Price match will be given once a like for like written quotation is received and is within a 30mile radius of our training centre in Harlow, Essex.
For more information contact us on 0800 170 7007
Calls from mobiles may incur extra charges – please contact your service provider for details.